What Is A "Team"? "
Team is a group organized to work together to accomplish a set of objectives that cannot be achieved effectively by individuals."Characteristics of a Team
- It must be an awareness of unity on the part of all its members.
- It must have interpersonal relationship and the members must have a chance to contribute, learn from and work with others.
- The member must have the ability to act together toward a common goal.
- To clarify the team goals
- To build ownership and commitment to those goals across the team
- To identify those issues which inhibit the team from reaching their goals
- To address those issues, remove the inhibitors and thereby enable the goals to be achieved
Characteristics Of Good Team Building
- High level of interdependence among team members
- Team leader has good people skills and is committed to team approach
- Each team member is willing to contribute
- Team develops a relaxed climate for communication
- Team members develop a mutual trust
- Team and individuals are prepared to take risks
- Team is clear about goals and establishes targets
- Team member roles are defined
- Team members know how to examine team and individual errors without personal attacks
- Team has capacity to create new ideas
We can conclude that a team is a group of people working towards a common goal and Team building is a process of motivating and enabling the team to achieve that goal and the nature of the team building will varies in terms of scale, and what we are trying to achieve so to success in our project,we can say that the team is very important to all project managers to use to run the project to get everything going well along with the project life to reach our set goal.