First Thanks to Thanks to Kittypee's Blog to show us how to configure my Ubuntu fo enable Desktop Effects and without any changes in Gnome
1. Install ATi Driver : sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-ati
2. Configure /etc/X11/xorg.conf // add following lines if not
Identifier "ATI Technologies, Inc. ATI Default Card"
Option "DesktopSetup" "horizontal"
Option "Composite" "0"
3. Verify that Driver is working Properly by use command : glxinfo|grep direct // the result should be Yes
4. Install Xgl : sudo apt-get install Xgl
5. Activate Xgl.
5.1 This is Different from The Ubuntu Site This is use Xsession instead by editing /etc/X11/Xsession.options add the following lines : use-xgl
5.2 Save the following script in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/91Xgl# This file is sourced by Xsession(5), not executed.
XGL_OPTIONS=":1 -fullscreen -ac -accel xv:pbuffer -accel glx:pbuffer"
if grep -qs ^use-xgl "$OPTIONFILE"; then
if [ -x "$XGL" ]; then
if [ -r /tmp/.X1-lock ]; then
if [ -d /proc/$xglpid ]; then
echo "Xgl already running"
if [ -n "$STARTXGL" ]; then
$XGL $XGL_OPTIONS &
cookie="$(xauth -i nextract - :0 | cut -d ' ' -f 9)"
xauth -i add :1 . “$cookie”fi
# vim:set ai et sts=2 sw=2 tw=80:
7. Now You can use Desktop Effect by logout and change session to Xclient script and Enjoy
I can't solve how to add The Shutdown and Restart buttons because it's disappeared and I have no idea how to bring them back so got any ideas? Please comment Thank you.