Wake up early morning. I'm feeling like I need to get serious about having a baby of my own. At this age of 35, I'm pretty concern about conception and so as my husband. Also, the chance of miscarriage is normally high.
I remember the day at the busiest doctor ever's office, we roughly talked with him just about 5 minutes. He said that we just have to try again and come back 3 months later if I'm unable to get pregnant.
The only advice that he gave to us is counting the date of ovulaton but it doesn't work. My period cycle is inconsistant, 30 days, 31 days, 32 days, 35 days maybe. I've never systematically noted it down.
I've bought a pocket book entitled "The unofficial guide to getting pregnant". And, God, I know a lot more in 15 minutes. At least, I know that there is a test kit out there that I can simply buy it from a drugstore. It's called "OPK".
- 2pm is the best time for testing.
- I should break eating and drinking 2-4 hours prior to the test.
- try to test at the same time of each day.
- OPKs are only positive if the test result line in the same color or darker than the reference lines.
- I shoud start testing on the 13th day of the cycle as my cycle length is 30-day.
- To quote: "It's best to have intercourse the day of the LH surge and the two days after. Also consider "insurance" sex for one more day in case you ovulate late.
Perfect timing would be to have had intercourse the day before the LH surge as well, but that can be hard to predict for those with an irregular cycle.
- If you don't know when you might ovulate, having sex every other day from cycle day 10 through a positive OPK.
- If you are taking your basal body temperature, you should have sex through the first day of your temp rise to make sure you cover all days (though after the rise is usually too late)."
- Another reason is to make sure your temperatures stay up for at least 10 days after ovulation. Your falling BBT will let you know when your period is starting, but if your temperature stays elevated 18 days past ovulation you should test for pregnancy.
- L a d y b u g -