- The process of translating words or text from one language into another.
- Written or spoken rendering of the meaning of a word or text in another language.
- The conversion of something from one form or medium into another.
- something that is or has been translated, esp a written text.
- the act of translating or the state of being translated.
- A translation doesn't have to be strictly from one language to another; it can be a rewording that makes something easier to understand or less technical in nature, as suggested by the common phrase, "Can you translate that into plain English?" If what is translated takes a written form, as in a book, for example, then the object itself is called a translation.