Sun. 290608 |@Lyons Hostel, Niagara
- Arrived Toronto 6am.
- Niagara-on-the-lake VEY VERY nice. Historic downtown, vineyards, wineries, cherry orchard. We like it a lot.
- too bad it rained quite a bit.
- Niagara Falls is spectacular. We really enjoyed the boat tour....BUT the town centre is so artificial and so "American".
- Too busy, too noisy, too much consumption and waste.
- Lyons hostel's owner, Patrick, is very friendly. He's from Vancouver as well. Quit business executive job and travelled and ended up living here running this hostel for 7 years now. This hostel is clean and in good location. Walking distance to the falls but away from those noisy entertainment district. It's like living in an apartment more than a hostel. He even give us towels and serves breakfast. Highly recommended for budget travelers.